Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another Bad Mood...

First, read my twitter to get all the more specific details.

As you can tell before the last post (on Twitter) everything was going good. Then the friend came over. It wasn't the annoying one or any of the other ones I've mentioned. I still didn't like it.

Just like all the other times a friend comes over while I'm there, I get in a bad mood.

The whole time, I just stood in one spot with my head down looking at the ground.

Alex skated up to me and whispered, "You can talk you know."

I said, "No."

Then I don't know how long it was, but Alex got tired of skating. So he took off them off and said to me, "The skates are there. You can go now if you want. I don't care."

As I went and picked up the skates I thought, "No, of course you don't." Then I came home... Still in a bad mood.

Now if the situation was different, then I wouldn't have acted like that. For example, if it was his sister's friend then I would have played with them and talked, etc.

It's only like this if it is Alex's friends.

I don't know why.

Of course everyone is going to tell me to try and get along with them.

Well, I have. And as you can tell, it hasn't worked. So save it please.

Bottom line is, when another one of Alex's friends is there, it hurts my feelings.

Of course, not eating anything substantial today didn't help. I get in bad moods when I don't eat. My brothers do too.

I just sent him a txt msg saying, "Sorry for seeming like I was in a bad mood earlier."

8 comments:

J said...

The fastest way to poison your relationship with Alex is to keep getting into these jealous snits. Now you're the one who is being immature. Start using your head and lighten up!

Anonymous said...

This is gonna be one of those tough love posts. I'm not just attacking you, so dont take it that way please...

I agree with J that I think you're being immature here. You can't expect alex to only have one friend in life, and that's how you're acting.

You can say that you've tried before to get along with his friends, but i havent read about it. This isn't even the annoying one and you still just sit there with your head down.

If you're looking for alex to ignore you again and not want to hang out with you, you're giving him a great reason to not want to.

Everytime you get jealous like this it's just pushing alex away. I mean assume alex is gay (still not sure). If you're jealous and act like this while you're friends then how do you ever hope to convince him to be in a relationship with you?


I think you need to lighten up and grow up peter. Hopefully this will be a wake up call to you and you'll stop this jealous crap, its really not going to help you in anyway.

and if it's just how it is, and you really care about your friendship with alex, you'll find a way to change it. Cause I'm telling you right now that he's probably going to go back to not wanting to be around you if you keep this up.

Like I said before, it's not right to expect alex to have only you as a friend and that's how your acting. Most people need more than one friend. So just suck it up, and try and make the best out of it.

I could say more but i think this is enough

Seth said...

Ok, I will say ... oh wow, xcouragex just said it all while i was typing this.

But, none of the comments are meant to be rude or anything - but its good advice from courage. And, truthfully, you ARE being a bit obsessive about him. You use his name (or "he") in 10 twitters in the last 6 hours.

Figure out where you want to be with this friendship/relationship issue - and make that your stance. Stop torturing yourself!!

Lightning Baltimore said...

courage is pretty much dead on

:-(

Peter said...

Ok ok ok

I get the point.

lol

Anonymous said...

Hey Peter - we all really want to see you be happy. You can deal with the friends without changing how you feel about them. My two cents - Alex wants you around and he's trying to help you feel more comfortable. Don't fight him or you might lose him.

naturgesetz said...

You don't own him.

Anonymous and courage have given you excellent advice, and goleftatthefork has a very good insight when he says, "Alex wants you around and he's trying to help you feel more comfortable." Even those forwarded e-mails are a gesture of reaching out to you. But as I said, you don't own him and you have no right to expect him to send his other friends away when you're there.

We all want you to be happy and to have a good friendship with Alex, but you're not going about it very well. As I see it you can make an effort to be civil around his friends or you can kiss him good bye — slowly but surely. Don't ruin it with him.

You made a good move by texting him your apology for "seeming" to be in a bad mood. Now just stop seeming to be in a bad mood. It wont be easy, but you've got to force yourself.

Col said...

Hi Peter,

Everything has already been said, and don't forget what I said about practicing now... before it's too late!

Take care,
Col