Wednesday, April 1, 2009

3D Model - Old Version

My future ship!

These are images of the 3D model I'm working on. It's nowhere near finished.






These are drawings I made yesterday. Yes, I have no life :p


This first one is labeled "Aft" (written in my horrible handwriting). It should be labeled "Stern" instead.





Click to see detail!


Yes I'm stealing the idea from the Poseidon created for the movie, but hey that ship wasn't real. This one might be someday....

YEAH RIGHT!

:p

Compare it to the "real" one:



Yeah there are a few differences. But there is only so much you can do with a program that isn't built for creating ships. It's really hard to get the exact shape of the hull and all the other necessary curves. I'll show you an example later maybe.

5 comments:

Sethy said...

That's freakin' amazing!

Keep it up!

Sethy

Col said...

Wow. That's a huge ship!! I love the bow (on both renditions).

Great work!

Col

Seth said...

I love that original!! I'm grooving on the attention to detail almost obsessive, in a good way - all those little windows... err.. portholes.

:)

Seth said...

Ok... and I just used the word "grooving" ffs. My new job is affecting me. :)

cvn70 said...

peter

that looks like a lot of work, now all you need is a shipyard and a lot of steel to make it happen

take care and be safe

bob