Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Logos



Which logo do you like best?

These are possible logos I will use for my lawn business idea. The letters used for it have two purposes. "PA" is my initials. Also if looked at from the lawn business perspective, the "P" stands for my name while the "A" stands for Alex's name.

I did tell him about it. I'm just waiting to hear a definite answer from him.

BTW, special thanks and shout out to Torchy! He is helping me with these logos. I just can't decide with one is better.

Oh, and I just realized that the first one should have a white background outside the "circle" like the others. Not a red one.

Click them to make them bigger.

12 comments:

naturgesetz said...

I like the linked letters better.

And of those two, I think the one with the red border below the green is a bit more "finished," but either is good.

Col said...

I think the middle one is the best. Also, I have to say that your profile logo is very striking. It really stands out amongst the others on comments/followers. Ok, I know it's not your work, but it's great nonetheless!

Take care,
Col

Peter said...

Actually Col, it is all my work. The original "P" logo is not my design, but I drew it.

Torchy is putting a proper circle on it cos my program can't do proper circles. He also suggested the white background outside the circle.

naturgesetz said...

Actually, I kinda like the 24-sided figure, but maybe it's better to have a circle for the general public.

J said...

The bottom one looks nice, but aren't you jumping the gun a bit with Alex? Two days ago you thought it was over with him. Partnerships are like marriages; they're a lot easier to get into than to get out of. Is Alex to be a co-owner of the equipment? Will he invest in half the cost? How will the profits be handled? How much time will each of you devote to the business? Most of all, how much of this planned partnership is based on your crush for Alex?
If you want Alex involved in this, you'd be better off setting the business up on your own and hiring Alex to work for you. After all, you're older. If you do develop a closer relationship with him you can always make him your business partner later on and add his initial to your logo.

torchy! said...

i prefer the middle one by a v slim margin, but like i said before the colours as they are don't do a lot for me. i'm wondering whether lighter shades might appeal more.

it'd be a good idea to have a mono version as well - you won't want to be printing in color all the time.

J's comment is spot-on re your relationship with Alex and the business.

torchy!

Col said...

I beg your pardon Peter. I'm a little confused, I was under the impression that your blog banner was a copy of the Poseidon's logo? I found the text from a previous post... but that just confused me more. Lol!

"Oh, I guess you have noticed my new picture I have up. It is actually the Poseidon's logo, but I've adopted it as my own since my name starts with a 'P'. Now I just have to figure out how to put my last initial in there. :\

That is actually a picture of the flag I drew on my 3D model of the Poseidon."

So, is your blog banner and profile logo of your own design? :)

Maybe I'm just thick! So please confirm for me :)

Col

Peter said...

Lol

Watch the video on this post.

http://gayboyfrompa.blogspot.com/2009/04/my-pet-project.html

Pay attention between 2:28 and 2:33

If that doesn't answer your question, well then you are thick :p

Col said...

Okey dokey, I watched it! :)

cvn70 said...

peter

i like the bottom one

take care and be safe

bob

Seth said...

another vote for the third (last) image. although the red background of the first one actually does stand out quite a bit - perhaps too strong

Anonymous said...

I had to look hard for the differences. I'm not much of an artist, but more of a idea guy. I was thinking of a Calvin and Hobbes characature.

A cartoon of You mowing a path through tall grass with head turned around with a big grin (like Calvin in "the piss on Ford window decal") and a cat (Hobbes) scampering for dear life out in front of the mower.