Anywho, I was thinking on the way home about camping with Alex. Then I got the idea of using the camper instead of the tent. Our camper is an old pop-up style camper with the ends that slide out to make beds.
The only problem is, our camper hasn't been used in centuries, and one of the corners of the canvas has been damaged by water.
So sometime next week I want to pop it up and check out what its condition is.
I sent Alex a message about my idea (which my Twitter says). I basically said that if we wanted to go camping again this summer that we could use the camper instead of the tent. I also said that I was going to inspect it next week maybe. It's supposed to rain the rest of the week I think.
Like my Twitter says, he didn't reply but then again he didn't really need to reply.
Here is a picture I found on the internet of the same type of camper made by the same company.


Yeah, it's not exactly up to date with today's campers. But hey, we are talking about a 1994 model here (I think).
The good thing is if it is cold at night, there is a space heater type thingy that we have (or used to) that was used to heat it inside. That means we could start camping right away!
lol
Probably not.
On a side note:
Alex won't be around Friday or Saturday. He is going on a band trip to someplace or another. They are staying overnight there in a hotel that has an indoor water park.
That means he will be sleeping in the same bed as another boy...
...in a room with three other boys...
...four horny teenagers...
...cooped up in a hotel room...
...at night...
*shudders*
4 comments:
peter
good luck with the camper and hope you did well on the tests
hey if you have a moment will you look at this
http://ridngthewave.blogspot.com/
take care and be safe
bob
What type of vehicle do you have? How far do you drive to the camp ground? What is the price of gas? How much to fix the canvas?
Economics may drive you to a pup tent which would be more intimate.
From the looks of the camper, you may be sleeping 10 feet from him instead of stealing his breath.
Good luck and have fun.
@ Wet Kyle and everyone else:
Sorry, completely forgot to mention this in the post.
When/if we go camping, it's only in the yard. We don't go anywhere anymore since Dad's car can't tow that thing.
And about the sleeping apart:
We might only be able to open one side of the camper up cos a tree is a bit close to the other end.
Of course this might be a problem for Alex. However, one bed is about the size of the inside of the tent. So, it's possible to sleep two+ people comfortably in one bed.
Lol @ your last comment. You sly old dog you ;)
Take care,
Col
Post a Comment