



Titanic model which I've just restarted on.

Once I get all the identical parts built onto one model, I will copy the original into two other models and create all three Olympic Class Liners (Olympic, Titanic, and Britannic).
The Poseidon model is almost my own creation. Except for the basic design of the ship and the name of course. It is not 100% identical to the ship in the movie. I have had to use my "artist license" on this model.
The Titanic model is drawn completely from blueprints and other plans.
5 comments:
You should read Walter Lord's A Night to Remember, the original long account of the sinking, and Robert Ballard's account of the dive to the wreck. Incidently, both of them wrote excellent books about the battle of Midway, which former defense secretary James Schlesinger maintains, with considerable justification, was the most important victory in history.
Even for two people, 6K is a big sum, Peter. On the other hand, 2012 is three years away and you'll be 20/21 years old. If you can save about $50 a week, steadily, by then, you'll have enough.
I understand. It would be a significant event in your life to be on that voyage. A tie to the past, a link to your future.
I hope there is some way for you to make it happen. :)
I checked a currency converter. £2,600 is about $3,880 at current rates. So it's more like $7,600 for two people.
It is a lot of money, but $50/wk would about cover it. Of course there is also to airfare to England, and some other incidentals, like souvenirs, shore transportation that is not part of the package.
Anyway, I can understand why a Titanic buff would want to go on the cruise. Too bad it seems out of reach.
OMG NG!
You are right! Last week it was only cost[insert pounds sign here cos I cant do it :\]1,999. Now it went up!!!
Good thing you saw that.
Oh, and the airfare is included.
I guess it doesn't really matter anymore though.
Post a Comment