Alex was out with his other friends. I had to go pick something up at Mom's. When I pulled out of the driveway, I got stopped by one of Alex's friends. He asked if I was driving by the store. I said yes. Then he gave me money to buy him a bottle of Mountain Dew. I had no problem with this.
When I got back I went over to give it to him. I decided to just stay even though I hate being around them.
I think Alex must have told one of them that I'm gay cos he (not Alex, his friend) asked if I was going to join the Navy. Not realizing the joke, I said, "No. Why?" He said, "Because gay people join the Navy."
I don't know if it was a joke about my orientation, or if it was just a random joke.
After a little bit, Alex had to leave for baseball practice. As we were all leaving he said to the same one who made the joke, "Hey, I might be over after practice. I don't know though."
That put me in a rather bad mood. The whole time I was there he barely recognized my presence. And after being around them all day, he still wants to do stuff with them later.
There is no way he likes me as more than a friend, and hardly even that.
I've got a headache now.
:(
Going over there was a bad idea. And so was trying to get the friendship back. I shouldn't have even tried.
Well, I guess I know where I stand in his life now.
::EDIT 1::
Dad wants Alex and I to go up to the church later today and set up tables for tomorrows Palm Sunday breakfast. Maybe this will put me in a good mood with him again. Maybe we will hang out together afterward too.
We'll see.
::EDIT 2::
Well I just got back from setting up the tables. I did it all by myself. Alex wasn't even nice enough to say he couldn't help.
Again, I see where I stand in his life. I guess it is really time to forget about him...
8 comments:
Ouch! That really hurts.
I hope setting up the tables goes better.
Ouch! NG said it.
I dunno what to say, other than that sucks. :(
Here's hoping things change in the near future. I'd just steer clear of his friends.
love.
Maybe he just doesn't know how to deal with what he's feeling or I could be completely wrong(I hope I'm not tho).
I know how you feel tho, I was totally crushing on a guy in high school, but he had a gf, so he was off the market... Love unrequited is the worst of all.
I really do hope everything works out for you.
Best of luck in the love department,
Drew
You have such a complicated situation there, it really sucks. Wish I could offer the solution.
:(
But maybe you do need to move on - let sleeping dogs lie, as they say. Don't overthink the whole thing otherwise you just wind up with an ulcer and a headache.
*hugs*
peter
sorry to hear this and i am at a loss to say something may be able to help you other then i am sorry to hear how you fell
but you know some gay people do join the navy lol
take care and be safe
bob
I'm really sorry. Its beginning to appear that he was just playing you. I suspect he's very immature, and that makes him not worth worrying over.
Damn . . . very sorry to hear things've gone south again. It sounds like it really is time to try to move on, difficult as that may be.
From your posts earlier in the week, it sounds like he still likes you. It could be that he does but can't deal with the related social pressure.
His other friends may think you're gay (judging by the stupid joke) and that's uncool; therefore, he doesn't want to appear to like you in their presence. It's immature, yes, but also not at all uncommon, especially for teenagers. Someone who wants to be friends only when no one else is around is someone to leave to himself 'til he grows up some more.
Sorry Peter! You've been on a bit of an emotional roller-coaster just recently, and it must be hard for you. Did he talk to you in church today as normal?
Take care,
Col
Post a Comment