...but I decided to make it a post instead. It's mainly in response to Col's comment on the last post.
I completely forgot to mention that today is Palm Sunday and we have a pancake breakfast after church (as I said in the last post).
Alex helps with making the pancakes, sausage and eggs. They start making them at like 7 am and continue all through church. So Alex wasn't able to sit with me during church.
He and I also take up the offering (aka collecting the money from people). He didn't even come out to do that. He didn't even tell me he couldn't help. I guess the pancakes were more important. Anywho, his little sister was nice enough to help after her mother told her too.
So there is always tomorrow to talk or whatever. I'm not sure I really want to though. I just don't know what to do now. I just have mixed feelings.
:\
And yes Col, this has been one heck of an emotional roller-coaster recently.
Random fact: I had a dream about an iPhone last night.
wtf?
5 comments:
Roller coasters rule! But only real ones; emotional ones fucking suck like Hell.
I wish I dreamt about something as mundane as an iPhone last night. Instead, I dreamt all night that AJ & Matt worked things out and weren't over.
:-(
Life is a roller coaster for people in relationships, as well.
I suppose you can consider being busy with the pancakes a good enough reason for what happened (or didn't) this morning.
By tomorrow night, his failure to get back to you about helping with the tables won't be as fresh as it would have been this morning.
The thing is there are friends and there are acquaintances, as I see it. Friends are people who *want* to be with each other and do things together and be mutually supportive when there is an occasion. Acquaintances are people who know each other. Friendly acquaintances are people who aren't quite friends, but who *don't mind* each others company, and can enjoy doing things together when the occasion arises.
It sounds as if Alex sees the relationship as what I'd call friendly acquaintances. He doesn't mind being around you, can actually enjoy it sometimes (like untying your shoes), but he's not going to leap at chances for more. So you're wise to try to have lower expectations. This has been really rough for you.
*hugs*
BTW, was it a good iPhone?
or was it an evil one?
Great words from naturgesetz!
Post a Comment