Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Alex's Birthday

Alex's birthday is coming up in about two weeks.

Last year I got him a card. It said something like, "I went out and bought you a computerless wire." (as opposed to a wireless computer) It had a piece of wire taped to it. I didn't put the money inside because I thought it would ruin the joke of the card since the bill would have covered up the wire. I tried to give him $20 (standard birthday money), but he wouldn't accept it lol.

But I don't think I'm gonna get him anything this year. Not even a card.

Am I being a sourpuss for saying that? lol

I bet his mother is going to buy him skates for his birthday. It's just a hunch I have for some reason. Oh well, then I can keep the ones here for myself... until my brother comes for the wheels someday...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

at least get him a card ... or make him one - no reason not to

Lightning Baltimore said...

You're sounding petulant again, Peter. Why not get him a card if you usually do? It seems like he's enjoying being around you again, after all.

Peter said...

@ Mr. HCI:

It may make a difference (but probably not lol) to know that last year was the first and only time I ever bought him anything. Which, coincidentally enough, was at the same time I had the strong feelings for him.

Now, why should I get him a card? Do we really have much of a friendship now? Or is he just asking me over now because of the skates. If/when he gets his own skates, I have a feeling that things are going to go back to the way they were before the skates (which I've sorta set myself up for). After all, when he asks me over he always says, "Do you want to come over? (With the skates?)"

I don't know.

cvn70 said...

Peter

give him the card only if you want a friendship from him

take care and be safe

bob

Steevo said...

yes, sourpuss...

considering your "history" with him, it might be a good idea to keep all options "open"...

Isn't he younger? Cut him some slack...

I like the idea to make the card... more personal...

Get past the Eeyore attitude too. If he agrees to "go camping" don't u want him relaxed and happy to be with u?

He is entitled to his own pace...

Ease up...

Maybe he is sort of distant and poopy sometimes cuz he is struggling with his feelings... after all, he is entitled to work it out as he needs to... so be supportive and not a sourpuss. Take the "high" road...

steevo in cali
.
.

XD