...is when people let religion and/or politics run their lives.
It shows in the comments people leave on any news article you read (especially on AOL) about someone coming out, or some other gay related topic. They, more often than not, have to bring religion and/or politics into it.
The people that do this on any and every subject are the really annoying ones.
The most recent example of this was in the news last week. A kid who goes to a Baptist(?) school wanted to go to his girlfriend's school's prom. She went to a 'normal' school. The boy's school said they would suspend him if he went because they are against rock music.
wtf?
They even make the students sign an agreement that says they will not go against the school's policies on what is not allowed even outside of school.
Schools like that (i.e. Catholic schools, Baptist schools, etc...) to me sound like they are bordering brainwashing.
Here's an example on the political end:
I asked Dad what he thought about Global Warming. He said he doesn't think it's real because the democrats make a big deal out of it (he also mentioned Al Gore).
I don't know about you, but I just find people who let religion overly run their lives annoying. Especially when it comes to the point where every, or almost every decision revolves around their religious and/or political beliefs.
The WORST thing is when religion and politics mix. In other words, when politicians make decisions based on what they believe. This can be seen in many things recently such as gay marriage.
I think these people need to stop being so uptight and relax.
I believe in God and call myself a Christian, but I don't let it run my life.
I don't know. Maybe that means I'm a hypocrite?
Okay okay, one more thing that annoys me:
MILEY CYRUS!!!
God! Don't get me started on that spoiled brat...
P.S. Sorry if I offend anyone with this post. It's what I believe so...
Also, I posted on my WWII blog today about Operation Valkyrie, my new favorite WWII subject. I might buy the movie when it comes out tomorrow. I haven't seen it yet, so I'm not sure if it's any good or not.
8 comments:
It's really shocking how much energy some people invest in hate. And quite often they refer to a religion which is supposed to be based on love. At least that's what I was told in Sunday school.
lol @ anti-Miley vitriol
in a breath-taking body-swerve around the thrust of your post, i'm just gonna say
haanah montana FTW! lol
torchy!
My church teaches, and I believe, that when we are baptized we are adopted by God as his children and called to holiness. As I see it, holiness, for a creature, means "belonging to God" and in turn that means acting as people who belong to him, who are his adopted children. It is not just a matter of saying our daily prayers and going to church on Sunday. We are God's children 24/7 and need to behave as his children 24/7.
After his baptism by John, Jesus began his ministry of proclaiming the Kingdom of God and performing the saving actions which are its foundation. In our actions we are to do what we can to spread that kingdom, to make this world the kind of place God wants it to be. Whether we are at home, at work, with friends, engaging in community or civic life, we are called to do this.
So IMO we all, politicians included, have to let our faith control our lives.
(And if politicians don't decide based on what they believe is right or wrong, what is there — opinion polls, campaign contributors, party loyalty, special interest pressure groups?)
Peter
Believeing i god or faith or not is personal and it should kept that way for the most part. I believe its ok to announce your religious or believe in something
I evn thinik its ok to teach people things about your religion
but that is about it i dont want to prove i am right or wrong in my beliefs as they are mine. And while i would listen to tohers i dont want ot be preached to or convinced abot theirs.
Nor do i want to have my rights dimished in anyway by thier beliefs
take care and be safe
bob
ZOMG you believe in god???
I totally agree wit NG!
lol, i too hate miley cyrus
she's gonna end up like spears
though, is it wrong that i always wonder if she's a virgin or not... lol im just curious
Post a Comment