Argh!
It seems like everything I did today was a complete waste of my time.
First was the camper:
Last year, my brother came and we opened it up. We discovered that one of the corners was damaged by water. He sealed the hole where the water was coming in, then we moved the camper to another spot in the yard and covered it with a tarp.
I went out today and took the tarp off. There was water laying on the top in that corner. That right there was a bad sign. I unlocked the door to get the crank out so I could crank it up (obviously). The door wouldn't open. Grrrr. So dad and I unlocked the top and pushed it up a little bit until the door would open. I got the crank out and started cranking. I didn't have to crank it very high before it became evident that the damage was much worse.
The wood was all rotted and most of it fell out when Dad stuck his hand up there. The siding was coming off exposing more of the wood. When you touched the canvas it just fell right apart in your hands. So we didn't even bother cranking it up the whole way.
I sent Alex a txt msg saying, "I hope you didn't want to camp out in the camper." No reply obviously.
Then I tried to take a nap cos my head was hurting again. But I didn't get very far cos Dad wanted me to help him with something.
After that I figured I should take the recyclables up to the bins. I went up only to find that they were full!
AH! Another waste of 10 minutes, not to mention gas.
Then Alex asked me to go over with the skates. As I stepped out the door my brother called to ask about the camper (it's actually his now). So I spent the next 10 minutes talking to him while Alex was skating circles around me. I was explaining to my brother about the canvas when I heard Alex say (I guess to himself), "So that's why we can't camp in that."
I still haven't asked him if he wants to camp again this year.
Anywho, going over there was a waste of my time too since my head was killing me. I just wanted to lay down, but I settled for sitting on a step instead. Then the not-so-annoying friend showed up. That did wonders for my headache!
After awhile the annoying friend called to say that he was coming over. I left at that point. I had a really bad headache and the last thing I needed was to be around him. Good thing too because he brought a whole bunch of other people with him.
Alex still has the skates and the net, but none of his friends are over there anymore. I think he's eating dinner now too.
I skipped my own dinner. I just don't feel like eating anything right now.
Maybe I'm getting sick.
IT'S THE SWINE FLU!!!
:p
Oh, and sorry if it seems like I'm complaining. I'm just not really feeling 100% right now.
::EDIT::
Just found out that the camper is actually an '84 model. Not '94 like I said in a previous post.
I also just got back from Alex's for the second time today. After I posted this originally, he came back out again and was playing hockey. I went over without him asking me. He fell twice. The second time was kinda bad. He hurt his wrist and forearm. At times like that I don't know what to do. I just freeze. I don't even think I asked if he was alright. The first time he fell we were both laughing about it. This time he wasn't laughing so I knew something was wrong. I guess he is okay tho.
Before all that he was skating toward me. He started to fall right beside me cos his stick got caught. I just extended my arm to stop him from falling. He said, "Thanks for grabbing my nipple." I laughed and said, "Well I stopped you from falling didn't I?"
I was going to ask him if he wanted to camp out again this year while I was over there. But I completely forgot. So I sent him a txt msg when I remembered. No reply, but that's no surprise.
I hope he wants to camp out again. But I'm not sure.
:\
8 comments:
Well, you found out about the camper — better now than later. You got to spend some time outside. Alex invited you over.
And yeah, it sounds like a pretty miserable afternoon.
Forgive me if i've missed the explanation here sometime in the past...
but WHY are YOU bringing HIM the skates? I don't get it.
@ Seth:
Yeah, I know I told some people, but I don't think I gave an explanation in the blog.
For one, the skates aren't mine. They are still my brother's, and he even told me that he might have to take the wheels from them for his newer skates if he needs to.
The other reason is that Alex's mom doesn't like him using the skates. I guess she thinks they are too dangerous or something (he did fall twice today). She won't even buy him a pair of his own.
Therefore, I don't think she will allow him to keep them for himself. Besides, they aren't mine to give away.
understood. reserving further comment for another time.
:)
time to get a second pair of skates for yourself Mr. P! Then you can fall on top of each other :-)
peter
hope tomorrow is a better day
take care and be safe
bob
Have you noticed that you get these headaches during times of tension? If they are as severe as you have described you should talk to your doctor about them.
I agree with J. I was just wondering about your headaches too!
Post a Comment