On the last post, J asked why I live with Dad rather than Mom, and why am I cyber schooled.
I've given part of the answer to those before, but now I guess I'll go into more detail about it all.
A couple years ago, Dad had health problems relating to his heart and all that stuff. I don't pretend to understand all that stuff so I can't really give you any more info about it. Besides that all happened before I came on the scene anyway.
My brother who was currently still living with Dad at the time was getting ready to move out when all this happened. Dad became very concerned about living alone with these health problems. He is home 90% of the time since he doesn't really have to go anywhere for his job. He is also getting up there in his age (mid 60s). My brother decided to stay instead of moving out. That temporally solved the issue.
That summer (2007), I spent practically the whole time at Dad's (this was before he had his health probs). This was mainly because I was seeing Alex all the time. Whenever I had to leave and go back home (this was before I lived here remember), he would always ask when I was coming back. I already liked Alex since way before this time. But it was this summer that the feelings started getting a whole lot stronger. So much so that I was visiting Dad's a whole lot more than normal.
When school started, I went back to Dad's every holiday break. Even the little three day weekends. It was Christmas/New Years break (2007/08) that changed everything for me. It was the longest break of the school year, and the longest time I was able to do things with Alex since summer.
When it came time to go back home whenever break was about over, I didn't want to. I even started to cry. Now I hardly ever get emotional, so if I cry then you know something is seriously wrong.
These were my reasons for coming back here:
1. I never did anything with any of my friends outside of school. I went to a few birthday parties, but that was pretty much it as far as I can remember. I never saw any of them during the summer or anything like that.
2. I was also alone on the weekends and whenever there was a break that I didn't go to Dad's.
So I pretty much just sat at home in front of the TV most of the time.
3. I like where I live better. It's a nicer community, I have more contact with people here than I did before.
4. My brother was working 12 hour shifts so he wasn't with Dad much. I guess this reason is just an excuse that presented it self at the time and I took advantage of it. It was a viable reason then, but I guess I just used it (and still do) to hide probably the number one reason I came back here.
5. Alex is here. I had strong enough feeling for Alex that I decided to move back here for him.
When you look at it, I guess it was the worst decision I could have made. I had 76 people I considered a friend in my grade alone where I used to live. I dropped them all for 1.
Wow
I should become a case study of how love blinds you and makes you do stupid things.
Anyway, this is getting off the original topic of this post I think.
After I moved back with Dad, Mom also moved back to our city. So right now, there is no point to living with her rather than Dad because I'd still be here.
The other question (if you've forgotten) was why I'm cyber schooled.
This post is getting a bit long, so I'll just give you the short answer. It was something I wanted to try because there were more cons than pros about going back to the local school. Plus with my school, I get a lot more class options than with a regular "brick and mortar" school.
For instance, I have a lot of 3D design courses available to me. If you know me, than you know I love that stuff. So that is a huge advantage to me. There are also a lot of clubs available, as well as other things that a normal school can't offer for whatever reason.
When Mom looked at the cyber school and compared it to other cyber schools as well as the local school, she agreed that it was the best choice. Usually you don't get teachers who agree with cyber schools. She does.
So there's my answers.
This was kinda hard for me to write. A lot of things to think about for me. Lots of emotion too.
From my POV anyway.
Hope this wasn't too long. Apparently Bob doesn't like long posts :p
8 comments:
Who cares what Bob thinks?
jk — Bob is great!
That does fill in a bit of detail, even for those of us who knew the basics.
Your mention of clubs reminds me. As a resident of your community, would you be entitled to join extracurricular activities in the local school? I know in some places home-schooled children are allowed to participate. Could that be a way to widen your circle of friends and acquaintances?
Yes I am entitled to join any club and/or sport that my local school district offers.
LOL @ the bob comment. j/k
GO OUT AND JOIN A FRIGGING (REAL) CLUB ffs!! Get out and do something different, where the word beginning with A and ending with X does NOT play a roll in every waking moment!!
Make some other friends - do something interesting - meet people - get out of the house - all those sort of things.
And from the point of being an internet addict myself, get the f*ck off the computer for a while!!
:)
that's a pretty heavy post - thanks for opening up like that :-)
Gee, I didn't think this would touch a nerve to that extent, or that you would say so much. Sorry if I intruded into your space.
peter
lol you kill me all i said was it would have been easier to respond to each item if it was shorter
making mistakes is part of life its what we do afterwards that matters. your choices were made and you have the chance when you go to college to change directions and get back to having a lot of freinds again
even if bob doesnt like long posts he likes you, hope all is well and good luck in your studies
take care and be safe
bob
Hi!
I've not been reading much of your blog - just the last couple or three posts.
I found it not too long, amazingly informative and interesting. I realise that there was quite a bit of stuff in there about why you did things you were talking about and, as you said yourself, that's generally not an easy thing to write.
thnx for making the effort to write it and please take it that at least one person greatly enjoyed and appreciated your effort.
As naturgesetz says... some of us already knew the basics, but this post was still really informative and personal. Thanks.
Also, I'm interested to know about the full list of "pros and cons", so maybe you could list those in a future post?
Take care,
Col
Post a Comment